The first edition of the Fahrenheit Collaborative Champions competition is taking off. All students and postgraduates affiliated with Fahrenheit University's research clubs are invited to participate. Projects can be submitted until November 20, 2022. The prerequisite is that the project is carried out by a minimum of two scientific clubs or one intercollegiate club from different Fahrenheit Universities. The total prize pool is PLN 22 000.
The competition aims to establish and promote cooperation in academic circles and to introduce the idea and mission of the Association of Fahrenheit Universities.
As part of the competition, a project can be submitted in one of the categories:
- activation of student cultural or sporting life,
- activities to promote a healthy lifestyle,
- environmental protection activities,
- innovation, new technologies,
- activities for the local environment,
- popularisation of science.
The project can also relate to one of eight scientific disciplines, which include humanities, engineering and technology, medical and health sciences, agricultural sciences, social sciences, natural sciences, theology and art.
A financial award from three rectors to partially or fully cover the costs of the project with a total value of PLN 22 000 is up for grabs. The best project has a chance to receive PLN 10 000. The prize for second place is PLN 7 000 and for third place PLN 5 000.
- 'This is another initiative to encourage inter-university cooperation between students and doctoral students at Fahrenheit University,' - says prof. Adriana Zaleska-Medynska, Director of Fahrenheit Universities. - 'The idea of the competition refers to the most important task of the Fahrenheit Universities, i.e. to make the best use of the resources and scientific potential of the universities forming the Association. We want cooperation to be developed not only by the authorities and employees but to be present already at the stage of projects carried out jointly by students and doctoral students of the three universities.'
The jury will primarily assess the level of cooperation between the universities, which is a prerequisite for participation in the competition. What will also count is the attractiveness and innovation of the project, whether its implementation is feasible and compliant with the theme and the promotion plan.
Deadline for submission of projects - November 20, 2022.
Announcement of results - December 16, 2022.
There will be financial prizes for the winners of the competition for the implementation of the project in the amount of:
1st place - PLN 10 000 gross
2nd place - PLN 7 000 gross
3rd place - PLN 5 000 gross
Competition website and form: https://faru.edu.pl/pl/mistrzowie-wspolpracy.