The Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Gdańsk invites you to an online conference devoted to the extremely topical issue of the scope of freedom of contract in determining compensation under Comprehensive Cover. The conference will be led by dr hab. Dorota Maśniak, prof. UG, who in the current term holds the position of the President of AIDA Poland.
The conference will be held on Thursday, May 27, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Among the speakers, we will find eminent figures of the Polish science and practice of law and insurance, including representatives of the Financial Ombudsman, the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, the Polish Insurance Association and insurance companies. The conference will be chaired by dr hab. Dorota Maśniak, prof. UG - who in the current term holds the position of the Chairperson of AIDA Poland. The event, whose partner is InterRisk (Vienna Insurance Group), will be devoted to the extremely topical issue of the scope of freedom of contract in determining compensation under Comprehensive Cover.
The speakers and participants of the panel discussion will broadcast from the University of Łódź, while everyone interested will be able to listen to their speeches and discussions via the ZOOM application.
Their lectures will be delivered by:
- B. Kucharski - introductory lecture, title: 'On the limits of indemnity and creative accounting of insurers in AutoCasco',
- A. Kiciński 'Voluntary AutoCasco insurance (TN: Comprehensive Cover) and emerging problems in claims handling - view of the Financial Ombudsman',
- T. Dec 'The consumer's right to information and contractual balance of the parties vs. the principle of freedom of contract in Comprehensive Cover agreements',
- M. Orlicki 'There is no freedom without diversity - about treating adult people in an adult way',
- A. Maciążek 'The scope of contractual freedom in determining compensation in AutoCasco insurance - a market perspective'.
Additionally, the panel discussion will be attended by
- dr hab. D. Maśniak prof. UG - moderator
- dr hab. M. Orlicki prof. UAM
- dr hab. B. Kucharski prof. UŁ
- A. Maciążek, Vice President of PIU Management Board
- dr T. Dec, Director of UOKiK delegation in Łódź
- E. Pietraszek, UOKiK
- J. Borowski, RF
- A. Kiciński, RF
- P. Narloch, InterRisk
- S. Byczko, Prof. of UŁ
- E. Karczewska, WKB
Participation in the conference is free of charge for all interested.