Rector of the University of Gdańsk, Professor Jerzy Piotr Gwizdała issued the ordinance on teaching and research operations at the University of Gdańsk during winter semester of 2020/2021 academic year.
Below, a list of major information (from UG student’s point of view) included in the ordinance:
UG Mode of Classes Delivery during winter semester of 2020/2021 academic year
- During winter semester of 2020/2021 academic year, save in points 2 and 3, all classes within the BA and MA programs including the uniform MA programs and post-graduate studies will be conducted via distance teaching tools i.e. in the form of e-learning or online classes (remote) - regardless of whether this form of classes was previously included in the study program.
- A dean selects practical courses, which in order to achieve learning outcomes, have to be conducted, totally or partially, in close contact with the lecturer (laboratory classes, field exercises and others).
- A dean may organize induction or propaedeutic meetings in traditional mode for BA programs and uniform MA programs freshmen.
- Courses and meetings, referred to in points 2 and 3, will be delivered following a strict sanitary regime, including decisions, suggestions and guidelines from the State Sanitary Inspection and in accordance with the rules of the specific facility.
- List of courses, referred to in points 2 and 3, agreed upon with the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and Education, will be announced to students on 4 September 2020 at the latest.
- Courses, mentioned in point 1, are held via UG Education Platform or MS Teams. A dean or a head of interfaculty unit may approve other platforms and applications, which may prove the most effective in terms of learning outcomes.
- Foreigners, Erasmus students and students of other ongoing programs or international agreements with UG, are allowed to participate in classes.
- Student internships, including teaching internships, are conducted in traditional (direct contact) mode, following the valid sanitary regime, including the physical distancing during classes. Rules governing student internships during the epidemic threat have been specified in the separate ordinance.
- Physical education and foreign language courses will be held in the form of e-learning or online classes (remote) until further notice.
- With regard to e-learning and online classes (remote), a dean’s office or a university secretariat shall:
- Keep register of classes (classes registry’s template is the attachment no 1 to this ordinance)
- Verify the attendance of students, doctoral students and post-graduate students.
Student Housing and Assistant Hotels
- Accommodation at dormitory and Assistant Hotels will be granted pursuant to the current regulations, provided that since 1 October 2020 only BA programs and uniform MA programs freshmen students and foreigners are allowed to be housed there (following the sanitary regimes of the facilities).
- External guests are not allowed to visit dormitories and Assistant Hotels.
- Before moving in to a dormitory or an Assistant Hotel a student or a doctoral student is obligated to submit a declaration in line with the template no 2 to this ordinance.
Scientific and artistic events
- All scientific, sport and artistic events organized on the University of Gdańsk premises are suspended until further notice.
- Gdańsk University of the Third Age classes will be held remotely, excluding classes approved by the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and Education to be held in a traditional form, in rooms with layouts allowing for 2 meter social distancing and groups of less than 30 people.
UG employees, students and doctoral students business trips and guest visits
- Business trips of UG employees, students and doctoral students and guest visits to the University of Gdańsk are suspended.
- In exceptional cases Rector or Vice-Rector may grant individual permission for a business trip or a guest visit.
- Business trips taken without permission, referred to in point 2, will not be reimbursed.
The mode of classes delivery rules set forth in this ordinance might change with the development of epidemic situation.