In connection with the extended limitation period for the functioning of universities supervised by the Minister of Science and Higher Education, please be informed that:
- Regulation No. 39/R/20 of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk of 9 April 2020 amends Regulation No. 24/R/20 of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk on the management of didactic and research activity of the University of Gdańsk at the time of emergency due to the risk of SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus transmission and introduces the requirement for conducting all classes within the BA and MA programmes including the uniform MA programmes and post-graduate studies via distance teaching tools i.e. in the form of e-learning/online classes - regardless of whether this form of classes was previously included in the study program. The classes which cannot be conducted in the distance teaching mode will re-start immediately after the restoration of teaching activity at the University of Gdańsk within the extended period of conducting classes in the summer semester. The suspension of traditional classes at the University will last at least until 15 May 2020.
- The restrictions introduced by the regulation No. 20/R/20 of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk of 10 March 2020 on the prevention of the spread of SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus (as amended) remain valid. Their invalidation will not be possible before:
- 31 August 2020 for open events: conferences, symposia, lectures, artistic performances and other meetings organized by the University of Gdańsk and events organized by third party entities at the University of Gdańsk;
- 30 June 2020 for business trips abroad and participation in national conferences of employees, doctoral students, students and post-graduate students of UG;
- 30 June 2020 for arrivals of foreign guests at UG;
- 30 June 2020 for accommodating new people in student housing and other UG facilities, as well as visits to these facilities by external guests.
- The guidelines included in the Announcement of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk regarding the limitation of work at the University of Gdańsk dated 17 March 2020 remain valid and will be binding at least until 15 May 2020. Deans, directors of general university units and heads of central and faculty administration units are required to send weekly information about employees ensuring the continuity of the University's operation. Work schedules should be sent to email@example.com with CC to the Human Resources Management Center.
of the University of Gdańsk
prof. dr hab. Jerzy Piotr Gwizdała
Rektor Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego