Dear Students of the University of Gdańsk!
In the Academic Year 2022/2023, the University of Gdańsk offers places to students in 7 student dormitories (information about the location, equipment of the student dormitories can be found on the UG website under "Undergraduate and postgraduate students /Social affairs/Student Accommodation").
Only the electronic application system is valid:
- for allocation of a place/room for the academic year
- to replace a seat already allocated
- for appeal against a negative decision of the University Student Accommodation Committee.
Applications for the academic year 2022/2023 together with the relevant and necessary documents should be submitted via the Student Portal - from 1st of July 2022.
Deadlines for submitting applications and allocation of places in UG student residences
Places /rooms for the 2022/2023 academic year will be allocated across three application deadlines:
I term: for students who have settled the previous academic year, except for third-year undergraduate students
- Deadline for applications: 02.07-15.07.2022.
- Deadline for processing applications: 25.07.2022.
II term: for first-year undergraduate students and for students who have completed the re-sit session
- Deadline for applications: 19.09-23.09.2022.
- Deadline for processing applications: 28.09.2022.
3rd deadline: for 1st year students of the 2nd cycle and students who did not submit an application by the deadline
- Deadline for applications: 30.09-02.10.2022.
- Deadline for processing applications: 07.10.2022.
A student in arrears with payments in the UG student dormitory does not have the right to submit an application for the following academic year.
Important information on how to apply
- Applications can be submitted by Polish and foreign students continuing their studies (except for students from Harbin, as places for them are reserved by ICO) via the Student Portal
- The above persons submit their application by filling in the appropriate form and attaching the required attachments (as in previous years) on the Student Portal under Student Accommodation.
- The required attachments and the possibility of applying for a specific allocation are specified in the Rules for Allocating Places in Student Dormitory, prepared by the Student Accommodation Department, and the Regulations of the Resident, which can be found on the website under Student Accommodation.
- In addition to the policy, the Student Accommodation Department will include a current fee schedule approved by the Chancellor/Rector and information on the collection procedure
- The decision of the University Student Accommodation Committee will be visible in the list : Your applications, next to the application submitted by a student / doctoral student by the status of the application: granted / rejected, it is possible to download the decision by pdf.
- If the application is rejected, the student has the opportunity to appeal against this decision (order)
- by clicking on the button Appeal, entering the text of the appeal and attaching any attachments
- resubmission of a new application with the attachments that were previously missing
- The student has the possibility to resign from the allocation (at any stage, both after submitting the application and after its successful consideration, in this case the allocated place returns to the pool.
- Other applicants (trainees, interns, people invited by the faculties for interuniversity exchanges) who apply for a place in SA shall submit the required documents (application form + attachments) either by traditional way (paper) sent by post or by e-mail to email@example.com. Places will be allocated from the pool: Rector's reserve.
- Foreign students commencing their studies at UG (1st year of first cycle) and those studying on the basis of an agreement (Erasmus, Harbin) are supported by the International Exchange Office according to the previous rules, i.e. there are allocated places from a separate pool of ICO, not included in the system.
Questions about the rooms in the UG Student Residence Halls, their furnishings and location should be directed to the administration of the respective halls of residence:
Residence Hall No. 6
20 Podwale Przedmiejskie Street, Gdańsk
Telephone: +48 58 523 62 29
Residence Hall No. 11
14 Chodkiewicza Street Gdańsk Brzeźno
Telephone: +48 58 523 38 83
Residence Hall No. 3
65 Polanki Street Gdansk Oliwa
Telephone: +48 58 523 26 02
Residence Hall No. 4
66 Polanki Street, Gdańsk Oliwa
Telephone: +48 58 523 26 12
Residence Hall No. 5
64 Polanki Street, Gdańsk Oliwa
Telephone: +48 58 523 26 22
Residence Hall No. 10
4 Macierzy Szkolnej Street, Gdańsk Oliwa
Telephone: +48 58 523 26 72
Residence Hall No. 7
111 Armii Krajowej Street, Sopot
Telephone: +48 58 523 17 00
For questions about student residence halls allocation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 58/523 24 25.